THE APPLICATION IS CLOSED – stay tuned for next year opportunities!
WSOS Community Action Commission, Inc. – Great Lakes Consortium for International Training and Development in collaboration with C.E.G.A. Foundation in Bulgaria, CCF in Hungary, CeRe in Romania, and CKO in Slovakia announce an Open Competition for Participation in: “SUSTAINING CIVIC PARTICIPATION IN MINORITY COMMUNITIES” an exchange program for Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, and United States of America. The exchange program is financed by the U.S. State Department.We invite professionals from any region of Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, and Slovakia to apply for participation in a 42-day fellowship in the U.S.A. We encourage submissions by professionals who are actively involved in programs related to citizen participation and advocacy (NGO/civil society development), civic education organizations, citizen advocacy groups, community activists and/or community organizers who work with minority groups. The overall goal of the program is to provide a professional development opportunity for mid-level emerging leaders; create a forum for American and foreign participants to collaborate and share ideas and strategies; and build a global network of professionals able to work effectively in an interconnected environment
- develop enhanced leadership and professional skills and effect positive change in their workplaces and communities;
- build mutual understanding, and create lasting and sustainable partnerships. EU fellows will learn U.S. practices in sustaining civic participation and advocacy with minority communities (including African-American, Latino, Native American, Roma, Disabled, and Homeless) in civil society and democracy;
- explore diverse community organizing methods for citizens solving problems in their own communities;
- learn skills in community leadership development and gain hands-on experience at civil society organizations in the U.S.
- During their 4-week internship placement at national, state or local organizations across the U.S., European participants will observe the role of their U.S. counterparts and gain in-depth knowledge and experience in community organizing as well as adaptable/other approaches that they can implement after their return.
Deadline 15th February 2015
Please read the Announcement before filling the application form.
Please fill in the following documents: Application / Pre-departure Action Plan
NOTE: We do understand that the space is limited. Continue to fill in as much as you can and send your full application on time. At second stage we will require more information by e-mail, where you can add additional information, that you couldn’t submit in your PDF application. Bear in mind that in order to work on the PDF you should firstly downloaded it. If you need Adobe PDF Reader or an updated version, you can download it at: http://get.adobe.com/reader/.